Tuesday, June 11, 2013

6/10 Leaving the US


Soooo, sitting here at SFO waiting for our flight.  Easy drive over from Reno, I spent the majority of the time trying to not think about the adorable three foot little man who kissed me goodbye just moments before.  Fun being at the airport though, there was this huge group of French people in the baggage check line in front of me.  I couldn’t understand a thing they said, but they sounded nice!  Other than that, I just finished a caesar salad (yes, ironic, huh?) and now I wait...  Then I’ll get on the plane and wait...  But then I’ll be in Italy!  

Had a few things pointed out to me about Italy.  First off, when I order food in Italy, is it Italian food?  Or is it just food?  Good question to ponder.  I’m also very curious how mad the store keepers will be if I touch the produce.  Living on the west coast for my entire life I’m really looking forward to seeing all these cultural differences.  The few times I’ve wondered to that flatter part of the US I’ve been astounded about the different way things work, so being in Italy is probably going to leave me speechless (no applauding at that!).  

The weather over there right now is 57*F, with 87% humidity.  Bet you my hair will look like a cheese puff.  Pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment